Monday, February 17, 2014

Captain America Tote

A few weeks back, I was able to test out a Captain America Lego block, but I was left with a quilt block that I had no idea what to do with. It went into the project pile while I waited for the inspiration to strike. 
I don't know where the thought came from, but I eventually landed on the idea to turn it into a bag. So I consulted my fabric stash to see if I could do this without spending any money or going to the store. I love it when all I have to do for a project is go to my fabric collection and see what's going to jump out at me. 

With patriotic cotton and comic book fabric in tow, I sat down with my sketch book to draw out what I wanted the end product to look like. Rough estimates, undecided measurements, scribbles and lousy drawing skills somehow became this: 





My new favorite tote.

And the lining is onomatopoeia!  
I think my obsession with Captain America is becoming too much. ;) 

Until next time!
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment