Thursday, February 13, 2014

Baby Quilt: Tractor

Some friends of mine are having a baby! Actually, last year was the year of weddings, this year is the year of babies. So I've been cruising along and making quilts as the inspiration hits. When I found Lori Holt's tractor block tutorial, I knew I needed to make it. I didn't know who the quilt would go to, but I had to make it. I finished the piecing the tractor and sewing on the borders. I just needed the final motivational push to quilt it. 
Last year, one of my friends married a farmer and moved to the other side of the country, and now they are expecting their first little one! I had all the motivation I needed right there in that email. ^_^  

Since they're farming, I thought it would be appropriate to include a Bible verse pertaining to the theme of the quilt. Deuteronomy 11:13-15 fit the bill perfectly. "13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil.15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied."

I'll try to get better pictures in the next few days. :)


Until next time!
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment