Monday, December 18, 2017

Wibbly Wobbly Book Bag

Well, this is a deviation from a normal project for me, that's for sure. 
I haven't done paper piecing in a long while, but it felt good to be back in the saddle. 
A friend of mine just finished her masters, and I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to get her. Suddenly, out of the (TARDIS) blue, the idea struck me - what about a book bag? :D 
It even has pocketsesss.
 The last thing I made that utilized paper piecing was a Star Wars quilt. The pieces of that paper piecing was :much: larger and therefore easier. This TARDIS has many teeny, tiny pieces. Maybe I should have jumped back on the band wagon with an easier pattern, but that's not how I roll at all. 
Not perfectly lined up... 
I got the pattern for the block at Fandom in Stitches. They have tons of geeky quilt blocks that are available for FREE! But read the tiny print though - because they feature licensed characters, products made from the patterns are not to be sold. Please don't abuse this precious resource; I'm rather fond of them. 

I added a border around the block, attached a back, some straps, and an interlining and lining. 
Voila! A bag. The block took longer than the rest of the project :P 
Project Specs
Pattern:
bag is my own pattern 

Fabric:
TARDIS is made from scraps 
The main fabric is from Joann's 

Until next time!
SG

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the best book bag ever! Also, don't be fooled by the outside because entire worlds can fit into it.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete