Thursday, September 10, 2015

Summery Lemon Dress

I'M BACK! 
And I have time to sew again. This past summer has been spent at work, farm stuffs, school, and an internship at school. Between all those things, I've been thoroughly whooped with little down time, so the time that I did have was spent sleeping or doing homework. ;) But now, I'm on summer break. And I have grand plans for these short, precious weeks. At least, plans that my adrenals can handle.

First on the sewing to-do list was a cheery lemon dress inspired by on designed by Kate Spade for her 2014 spring (or was it summer?) line. The price tag was a bit steep, but my sister adored that beautiful dress. Lemons. The dress had lemons. Vintage lemons. And it was adorable. That dress had a lot going for it. 
After much searching of the fabric stores and web, we finally found some fabric that suited her taste. 
And it sat on the fabric shelf. 
For a very long time. 

Until I finally sat down and told myself that no other project would be touched until that one was finished. (See what it takes to motivate myself?) Two afternoons of focused sewing time, and the dress was done. Seriously? That's all it took? Why did I procrastinate this long?! Oh well. At least we have some nice weather still in the forecast so my sister can wear it before inclement weather sets in. 
Pattern: Simplicity 2591
The only thing I probably would add to it would be a small yellow bow on the waistline. But besides that, it's ready to wear. The bow probably won't be added for another few years. :P 

Until next time! 
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment