Monday, January 1, 2018

The Year Ahead - 2018

Where to start? I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head that it's hard to pick just one thing to focus on! 

First off - the blueberry dress to wrap up the fruit sisters series. I started this summer 2017 with drafting my own pattern from a shirt in my closet, but I made the waist too long. It really wanted to be a 20's dress with a dropped waist, but my waist measurements don't fit my hip measurements. ;) So I need to rip out the waistband and zipper, trim up the bodice about 1.5", and then put it all together again. Easier said than done? We'll see. 
Next up - the galaxy skirt. I found this border material during my trip to my favorite cotton shop. I'll give you more details when I work on it. 
Next on my list is some boring things - like Regency stays, shift, petticoat, and chemisette. I love the early-1800's, but I've never truly felt like I walked out of the history book. Since I seem to gravitate towards that era, that should be a good place to start. Maybe this year is going to be the year that I dive into corset making. :gasp:  
Source
I have some ideas for my cosplay for comic con this year. It primarily involves another circle skirt with appliqued details on it and a cape. I don't want to give it all away just yet. ;) 

Beyond that, I have a secret project that I can't share with you yet because it's a present for a certain someone. Don't worry, I'll take in-progress pictures and share it with you when I can. :D 

And that is it for grand sewing plans. I have doll dresses a plenty to do, aprons to put together (I have a stack of them cut out, I just need to finish them!), pillowcases to assemble, etc... AKA things to restock my booth. 

While we're on the subject of booths... I'm seriously considering taking my product and selling online and only doing a few select shows this year. Any tips, ideas? I'd love to hear them! 

Until next time! 
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment