Sunday, December 17, 2017

My Addiction

It suddenly dawned on me recently - I've made a lot of doll dresses over the years. 

 They go together with relative ease. They're so cute. I can put as much or as little detail into them as I want. I can play with quirky prints that wouldn't really work anywhere else. I can use small pieces of fabric, scraps even, and make something with it. I can buy remnants at a deeply discounted price and still have plenty of material to finish a project with. 
I have a problem, and I can't stop.

Want to know what started this entire mess?
This little creation right here. 
My literature teacher saw that I had made a doll dress using scraps from a costume I had made for my sister's doll. That little dress was haphazard to say the least, and yet, she trusted me enough to commission a doll dress for her granddaughter. I was so stressed to make sure that I made it right; my heart was racing when I took the dress to her. Then she loved it. :phew: That was in '09.  
After that, I didn't stop. 

I've played with ethnic dresses
 I've parked in different fashion eras
And all of them are made with either scraps or remnants
Some have a lot of detail put in
Others are simpler.
These ones were all made using the left overs from my pillowcase making spree. 
I've even done matching sets
All that to say, I honestly didn't realize how long I've been making doll dresses or how many I've made over the years, and this is just a small sampling! 
Sure there were breaks in the doll dress sewing craziness and other projects thrown into the mix, but I keep coming back to doll dresses for some reason or another.  

And I don't intend on stopping anytime soon. ;) 

Until next time!
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment