Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tiny Treasures - A Sneak Peak

My doll dress creations have slowly been building up and attempting to take over. So much so that I had to ask my dad and brother to make me another doll dress rack to display them. 
See what I mean? 
The collection has certainly grown now that I'm done with school and have time to play in the studio instead of slumping at the computer churning out papers. Gotta work down that scrap fabric collection! Want to see a few of my favorites from the collection? Note: I really wish that I had all of these in my size. ;)  
This one reminds me of gingerbread. Now I want cookies. 
 The next dress has a bit of a story to go with it. When my great-grandma passed away many years ago, her daughters inherited most of her sewing supplies. Since they weren't inclined to much sewing, they've been passing notions and such down to me as they sort and clean. One of the packages that I received had a pillowcase set that was embroidered by great-grandma, but one of them was too worn out to use. But the decorate cuff was still in good condition! I didn't know what to make with it then, but one day it suddenly hit me, and a doll dress was made. The bodice is finished with some vintage trim that I had on hand as well. 


 These next few are how I channeled my excitement for Comic Con. I had my cosplay all finished, but still had inspiration to spare. I had some geeky fabrics on hand that perfectly fit the bill. 
 At a the bazaar a couple weeks back, a lady was walking by and stopped to ooh over the dresses. She started to walk away but quickly turned back around, "I just realized what is on that skirt!" 
 How can you not want a dress like this? 
 I don't know if you've seen the Disney cartoon, Phineas and Ferb, but that show is a gem. Absolutely hilarious. 

I've got a lot more that I could show you, but this is already a picture heavy post! 

Do you seen any that catches your eye? These are all for sale! Shoot me an email from the messaging link at the sidebar, and we can start chatting. 

Until next time,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment