Thursday, April 27, 2017

Box of Happiness

A friend messaged me asking if I'd be interested in a box of vintage patterns that she had. For free. Just pay for shipping. 
WHAAA? YES PLEASE! 
Then the box came. A brown paper package with my name on it (but no strings, so I couldn't sing the song - but this certainly is one of my favorite things) . 
Opened up the box to breathe in deeply the smell of antique patterns (yes, they have a smell) and to behold the beauties within. I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was going through it; it felt like Christmas. 
The collection includes patterns from the 30's all the way through the late 60's (I also spied a children's dress pattern that could possibly be from the early 70's) - the time where you could pick up a pattern for $0.25 at full price. Some are in incredible condition, while others have seen better days. But what can you expect from old paper and is designed to be used again and again? Patterns are from McCalls, Simplicity, Butterick, Advance, Vogue, and more! 
 Want to see some of the patterns? Sure ya do! 

Here's some of the men's shirts. Admit it, you've always loved those vintage cowboy shirts. ;) 
 And there's quite a few children's clothes. ALL THE CUTENESS! I couldn't help but think, "Wow, kids dressed well back in the day..."
 And then there are some sub-teen patterns as well. Looking at the measurements, we would probably call them 'juniors' today. Can we see more of these in the juniors department please? 
 And now we continue onto women's patterns. Here are shirt patterns. These will definitely come in handy this summer. Maybe I could use one of them for my costume for comic con. That would be :amazing: 
Hmm... 
 And pajamas in all their fabulous vintage glory
 And twirly 50's (and early 60's) dresses! Perfect for swing dancing. ;) 
 Lovely 60's mod. One of my sisters loves this fashion era, so I think some new dresses and separates are in order. 
 And these yummy patterns from the 30's and 40's. Personally, I love the 30's playsuit; I just don't think that I could pull off a silhouette like that with my thunder-thighs and food baby. :P I might need to make the coveralls for working around the farm though.
 And now for one of my favorite patterns. I give you: A VINTAGE SWIMSUIT!!! 
I might actually wear a swimsuit if I had one like this. ;) 
I just need to learn how to sew knits, and we're all good to go! And I'll need to alter the pattern a bit to fit my measurements better. 

Well, I better focus on other things now (like making dinner and doing homework). 
Until next time! 
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment