Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spring Chicks Baby Quilt

Some friends of mine were expecting their first baby. As I was cleaning out the craft supplies, I found the inspiration for the gift I needed - an embroidery pattern.

This quilt features 'shoo-fly' quilt blocks off-set by hand-embroidered squares. I only had to buy the coordinating fat quarters (courtesy the local Joann's store) to make the shoo-fly since I had all the white muslin already in my stash. The chicken designs are from 'Rise & Shine' by Yesterday's Charm. The border fabric is also from Joann's. Just don't look to closely to the actual quilting of it though... getting the quilt top, batting, and backing to all line up perfectly is not my forte... As for the binding, well... I cheat. I buy wide bias tape (single fold) to do the last step. I use the machine to sew one side down and then hand sew the other to make a clean finish. 

I must admit, I've missed working on it. Maybe I'll need to make one for myself and add it to my collection. ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment